Monday, January 2, 2012

Hadya Binte Haidar Khan Surattee

I have not been touching Upon My Word for a long time. I had been busy baking and Charm Bakes is well updated now. I have been more actively baking after I gave birth and after of course after I got myself a helper.

Motherhood has been nothing but blessed. I understood the joy of all mothers the moment we help the first baby in their arms. I was at the highest peak of my life and everything else of me would evolve around her.

On 23rd July 2011, I gave birth to my first baby girl. She was born 50 cm long weighing 3.53 kg, right on the estimated delivery date.

We named her Hadya ( meaning : Guide to Righteousness )

Her name was not just picked randomly. I specifically wanted a short name. Hearing all those babies with long names was just not my preference. I wanted her name as short as possible, as meaningful as it can be and may she be the person as how her name was meant for. Layla was my first choice but Hadya just caught my attention like love at first sight.

She was my guide. My guide that I want to do better in life not just being a mother but a better person worth living.

It used to be just the 2 of us against the world and now its 3. Hubby and I had never been happier. Waking up to see her smile, get panic when she cried, fed her when she's hungry and bought toys that caught her attention. It's a learning process for all 3 of us. Hubby learnt how to carry and care for a baby, being a good father,  I'm learning how to be a good mother and Hadya, learning all the new things in life.

What more could we ask for [ other than having another baby to complete the family package :) ] ?

Pictures of Hadya from 0 to 5 months.

She grew beautifully and still growing.

Many asked, who does her features come from. I would say - Both of us. She was fair, she had both our features equally.

I love everything about her! Which mother doesnt?

She is 5 months and 2 weeks now. Active and squeaky.


My dearest daughter Hadya Binte Haidar Khan Surattee,

I will always recall the momentous day you were born, I became the happiest mother on earth. Your father and I marveled at the angel kisses on your cheeks, your tiny, wrinkled fingers and your intense eyes. I'm not embarrassed to admit it, but I cried. Deep tears of joy. Because all my life the one thing I always knew was I wanted to be a mother. Other than that I was often rudderless, trying to navigate the ocean of life and figure out what my path in life was to be. But I never wavered in my hope to be a mother. So when you were born you will be giving me the experience of a lifetime. The experience that holds the deepest most treasured place in my heart.

Your are indeed my 'Hadya ( 'Gift' in Malay translation ). Gift from Allah.
Love,
Ummi



No comments:

Post a Comment